Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let's be fit and healthy for our kids

It's been a year since Hubby stopped "working out". He used to go to Fitness First after work, but when I became pregnant, we moved to Pateros and he needs to stop. And before also, I am engaged in climbing / mountaineering, hiking (you know all that). I exercise with the help of twister and I do a lot of stretching. To make it short, we are physical fit before.

And now…

Hubby is working his butt off at the Gym again. He found a new “fitness nook” in our neighborhood and it’s convenient for him to go there every day.  Sometimes I envied him! God knows how much I want to tone up my bud with a machine, but what can I do? I'm a working Mom, I don't have time and not advisable since I gave birth via CS.

So, I waited for a year and now I'm back!

We all know that regular exercise is crucial for overall health and well being. And with that, let me share my exercise routine. I read this exercise routine before but I can't remember the site anymore. This will only take 45 minutes. I really set a time allowance every morning, instead of 4:30 AM I am now waking 3:30 AM to do this (ika nga, tiis ganda! LOL).

  • Warm up - walk outside or just do the normal stretching routine.
  • Source
  •  Cardio workout - jump rope

  • Strength-building exercises - abdominal crunches, reverse crunches

Source

Source
  • Flexibility moves - floor stretches or yoga poses



Source
  • Cool down – same as warm up.

If you lack time choose the hilly walk in your neighborhood, or jog instead of walking. 


“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
-Robert Collier


So there! It will not hurt to wake up 45 minutes earlier right? Moms out there, let's be health conscious. It's just not for ourselves also for our children.

The key here is consistency. If you want to see the result, just simply be consistent.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment