Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Days without our little one and a Father's Day letter to Dadi A.

Two weeks ago, I sent our little one in Batangas with Yaya Zai for vacation. My Mom and nephew live there and Ayvan loves his cousin so much that whenever they see each other is chaotic. Imagine the mess inside Mom's house. Two youngsters and their numerous toys. Haha.

T'was our first time being separated from the little man that long. It seems like forever. I think I phoned Mom and Zai five times a day. I missed him. I couldn't eat that much, though I was able to sleep straight at night, which I seriously needed. Also, Ace and I had more time together. Matters had been rocky between us lately, but we've managed to make it through. Being a mother taught me to carry on when I don’t feel like I can because it's necessary and putting myself second to everything I decide.

Last Sunday, Father's day, we fetched Ayvan. We did not celebrate on that day. We're so exhausted with the travel and all. Ayvan wasn't feeling well too. He doesn't eat, even his milk. Mom said his nose bleed the other day and lost his appetite. She suspected that it was due to his new set of teeth, but I don't want to assume that's exactly it so I had him checked at the Marikina Valley Medical Center. The Pedia confirmed Mom's conclusion. He prescribed Xylogel for Ayvan's swollen gums and appetite, toothbrush and toothpaste for his smelly saliva. Haha. Mama said she was too afraid to brush the little one's teeth because it may hurt him more, but the Pedia said it's a must and so I bought stuff.




Getting home, I saw a really small cake that has "I heard Dad" topping. I bought it too for Ace - a humble token of his undying love. And here's my letter to him.

Dear Dad,

Thank you for your love, understanding and support. Thank you for your loyalty and tenderness. I know you love us and you are struggling with your new status as a "Dad" - like being selfless. I also know that makes you stressed sometimes and at some point you don't want to be stuck at home. Yes, making compromises can be hard, but that's why I'm here. We chose each other to create a family and we are going to manage it until the end. We will work on those together, slowly. Ayvan loves you so much. And by the way, welcome to fatherhood!


Happy FATHER'S DAY! ♥




PS: Parenthood is an adventure. Embrace it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment