Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Winged beans and Squash - Me trying to cook.

Howdy there, folks! How's your weekend? Oh me? I'm feeling PRO in cooking. Lol Pardon me, this has probably brought by the good vibes here in our new home. I love doing household chores lately and experimenting... I mean cooking. Hehe

And because of that, I am going to share the recipe that I've learned from Ace's Auntie. She usually serves this with sparkling eyes because this has become one of Ayvan's favorites.

I don't know the name of this dish, but I find it healthy, especially for kids, very cheap and so easy to do. Also, the reason why I choose this, is because we had a leftover pork from our Nilaga last night so, I thought of using it.

The ingredients are simple:

1. Vegetable oil
2. Onion and Garlic
3. Pork (leftover if you have)
4. Squash
5. Winged beans / Sigarilyas
6. Salt and Pepper
7. Fish sauce (optional)





How to do it all:

1. Heat vegetable oil over low heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until onion is translucent and fragrant. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink is gone from meat. - If you are using leftover, once it's brown it's done.

*Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 min.


2. Add water about 1 cup (depends on the size of your vegetables) and bring to boil.

3. Add winged beans, let it simmer for about 4 minutes. Then add squash and let it simmer again until it is cooked.

4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot.


Your kids will love the sweet taste of squash and the not so noticeable winged beans.

Happy eating



0 comments:

Post a Comment