Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nurture Run 2014 Media Launch

Last 20th of March 2014 I had been a part of the Nurture Run 2014's media launch. It was organized by Beauty, Brains and Breastfeeding together with UNICEF. It was held at Recess by Chef Chris in Jupiter St. Makati City. I was one of the lucky bloggers who went to the event. I've learned a lot about the benefits of breastfeeding and honestly speaking, most of the information that I heard are new to me. I nursed my son for only three months and I regret that I did not keep it. There are several reasons, but after the event, I understood those reasons are not enough to not to provide my son the right nutrition that he deserves.

I have jotted down of what I picked from the speakers of that event.

  • Breastfeeding is not something to prepare - No cash needed. It's the practical choice for providing babies with proper nutrition.
  • It can protect the baby from allergies
  • It connects child and mother - Love and care, eye contact
  • Minimize the risk of obesity
  • Improves intellectual capacity
  • Lower the risk of SID (Sudden Infant Death)
  • It reduce mother's risk of postpartum depression
...And more!











Here are photos I've taken that night. Please excuse my not-so-high-tech-digi-cam.

 PR materials

The venue (Recess by Chef Chris)

Lanie, Anne and yours truly

Touringkitty and Bedalyn

The stage set up

The lovely host Patricia Hizon

Executive Director of Beauty, Brains & Breastfeeding.

Source

The boys played balloons (icebreaker)

The sumptuous food prepared by Chef Chris

The second speaker Kate Demetrio

Did you know that Iza breastfed her son until his 10th year birthday?

Organizers had a raffle that evening and they are the winners.

Mommy Bloggers Philippines


I was glad that the most of the bloggers attended the event were women and were properly informed about nursing topics and all. To show my support  I will post the press release of the Nurture Run 2014 shortly.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment