Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

‘NO VISA’ POLICY FOR FILIPINOS - A Fake


An article online made my day last Tuesday.

When I first read the article I shouted Hallelujah! Finally. It was shared and gone viral just an hour after it was published.

No need for a VISA when visiting US!? Who would not bite that? 'twas a fake.

I think everyone will agree with me that getting a US VISA is a huge pain in the ass and a long horrible process.

Hearing or knowing that US announce ‘NO VISA’ POLICY was a good news and a relief for Filipinos who has been battling to get a US Visa.

It saddens me to recognize that the article was false. Honestly, a hope grew inside me. A hope that my son and husband can visit his Grandmother in California by just providing their photos. Haaays.

I even shared the article on my personal Fb account only to found out that it was fake. :(

According to Manila-US Embassy

"There has been no change in US visa policy for Philippine citizens wishing to travel to the United States. The Philippines has not been added to the list of countries eligible for participation in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If there are any changes regarding VWP-participant countries, the information will be reflected on this website."

Oh well, this will serve as a lesson for me. - Not to believe everything online (charge to experience).

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment