Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Easy Peasy Afritada

I don't really cook that much, I rarely have time. That's why I always want to do it during the weekends. I am still a newbie when it comes to cooking.

Now that we are living on our own, I want to experiment and try any dish. And as much as possible I want to start with the easiest.

Last Thursday, Ace and I went to the grocery store to replenish our food storage. And just as we're about to start, I saw Knorr Complete Afritada Recipe Mix. It has a cooking instruction at the back and it is easy, so, I picked it up and include to our loot.

This morning while preparing our breakfast, I remembered it and decide to prepare it for lunch. It was as easy as what the instructions are. The sauce is thick and I did not add any spices in it because it already tastes good.


Here are the basic ingredients:

1. 500 kg of Chicken
2. Carrots, cubed
3. Potatoes, cubed
4. Red Bell Pepper, cubed
5. Knorr Complete Afritada Mix
6. Onion and Garlic peeled and sliced
6. Cooking oil


Procedure:

1. Dissolve the knorr complete recipe afritada mix in 1 1/2 cups of water and set aside.

2. Sauté garlic and onions in hot oil
In a saucepan. Add the chicken and cover.

3. Pour the dissolved Knorr Complete Recipe Afritada Mix. Add the carrots and potatoes and cover. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost tender.

4. Add the red bell peppers. Simmer for an
Additional 2 minutes.

Serve while hot with rice.



How about you Moms? Do you have other easy recipe that you can share with me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment