Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ayvan's day and what I've learned today as a parent.

Yay, it's another weekend again and you know just what this day means. Its AYVAN'S day in our household.

He wakes up ahead of time just almost every day to poop. And today was one of those almost. I was irritated because it's the only day of the whole week that I am allowed to wake up late. He was already up around 6AM, I was still too sleepy but I can't start back to a deep sleep because there he was, screaming his heart out in front of me. My sleepiness did not get a chance on my screaming son, so I gave up.


I fed him a cereal for breakfast and tucked him for his morning snooze. I prepared pancake for my breaky since Dadi is not yet home. We pretty much do things together during weekends and its beginning to become a habit, which is good for us.


While he was sleeping, I fixed our lunch, Pork Nilaga. I had fun cooking it because for the first time I included corn and cardaba instead of gabi. It was again another success. Yay.


When Ayvan was up, I bath him and let him play. An hour later he needed his milk and wants to be carried so I did and he's surprisingly heavier ha.


He at present knows to pick his nose. I just hope he would not find a booger yet, or else he will curiously eat it. He was also having fun pulling my hair. Ugh.

Being a first time mom is overwhelming and I can't seem to track where the time went. I can't compare motherhood/parenting to anything. Every time that I am with my son, everything is a learning process. I learn something new every week from him.

What I've learned today? He taught me how to accept myself as a mother that I am and not what I think I should be. I definitely, 100 %, would love to spend a solid day with him every damn day, but because I'm working I can't. Yes, it's probably the toll of being a working Mom, but that doesn't make me less a parent than other mothers who stay at home. It's learning to let go of the things that I can't control.

So there, I hope to learn more soon.

How about you though? What does your child teach you about yourself? I would definitely want to know more, so if you can comment them it will be a huge help for a newbie Mom like me.




0 comments:

Post a Comment